Izzybella!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Free Lunch and Other Thoughts

I’ve now received two emails asking if I’m okay. I guess that means I should probably update, mostly because I think I only have 2 readers and that constitutes 100% of my blog-buddy base!! So, here’s an update…

I’m great! Thanks for asking.

I love free lunch. Really, I love getting anything free, but free lunch is especially fun. Today was our annual Faculty Flipper, wherein faculty from the SSW grill burgers, veggie burgers, and hot dogs for the students and staff. I kind of enjoy giving them a hard time. For example:

Izzybella: Um, excuse me? This burger is over-cooked. It’s practically black. I could build a house out of these burgers. I want a refund.

Professor: (dryly) Sure, Izzybella. You can have a refund. In fact, I’ll give you 3 times what you paid. Will that make you happy?

Izzybella: Oh, I guess. That and can I also have a cookie?

Yes, I’m 12. And a dork. In case you were wondering. I tried sitting outside at the tables they’d set up, but it was too cold. And did I mention how pleasant it was to be too cold for once? This has been an extraordinarily hot summer and today is the first day we’ve had high temperatures in the 60s. At the moment, it’s a positively goose-bump inducing 64 degrees. I’m actually wearing a light jacket. Really, it’s very exciting.

Clearly it takes very little to make me happy.

Today is my Friday! I’m playing hooky from work tomorrow to go shopping with my parents. My stepmonster has been talking about doing this for quite a while and finally decided on Friday. She picked a great day for it. Aside from the extremely pleasant weather we’re having, it’s a busy week for me and I could use a day off. The theatre I work part-time at is having their annual fundraiser tonight and my sister and I volunteered to work their box office. Then I’m working the Friday and Saturday night shows, so between all that and my full-time job, a little wandering around a pretty outdoor shopping center sounds like good fun.

The Juarez, Mexico trip will be next weekend. I just realized this week that this will be the first time I’ve ever been out of the United States. I’m a little worried about the whole language barrier thing. Vanessa will translate for us, probably after the fact, but I’m interested to see how much I’m able to understand without speaking the language. I’m talking in terms of human emotion/grief here—I don’t have enough of a grasp on the language to understand even on a rudimentary level. But certain emotions are universal amongst the human race, and having just gone through the grieving process with my little sister’s death, I wonder how much I will recognize. I hope that makes sense.

Okay, I updated. I’ll update again soon. Off to visit my blog-buddies…

3 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

Thank you for blupdating. I always feel silly for asking you to do so, since I talk to you virtually every day, but I learn things from your blog that I don't always learn from talking to you. :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Izzybella said...

Really? That's kind of astonishing because ordinarily I talk your ear off. I really don't see how you could possibly learn new things!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Well, you never talk my ear off, so I like to peek at what you're up to - thanks! ;-)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home