Izzybella!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Some Sweet Firefly Fan Fiction

I'm not a reader of fan fiction, by and large. I've read some and usually I don't like them. They rarely capture the voice of the character or creator. I just think a better creative exercise would be to create a character of one's own and have fun thataway. But I do get the conceit of the fan fiction, and even though I choose not write my own, it doesn't particularly bother me that others get into the culture. I don't think less of them as writers.

So yesterday, I was visiting Whedonesque, as I do every day. Love Joss. Anyway, Saje, a frequent poster, shilled this Firefly fan-fic. Now, I don't post at all because usually by the time I get to a thread someone has already said what I wanted to say, and usually said it better. Saje is one of those I enjoy reading, so I figured if he was recommending it, it was probably decent. So I read.

SO VERY GOOD. Title: The Ice in Crystal. Author: juliefortune. Good stuff. If you are a fan of Firefly/Serenity, go read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home