Izzybella!

Monday, September 25, 2006

How to Get Fired From Your Part-Time Live Theatre Box-Office Job

1. Accidentally give a season subscriber last year's add-on ticket price instead of this year's.

2. Compound the error by charging last year's play add-on ticket price instead of last year's musical add-on ticket price (musicals cost more than plays simply because they cost more to produce).

2. Get confused with the Buy 1 ticket, Get 1 free offer in the newspaper and wind up under-charging 4 tickets for a total of $20.00

3. Stand like a deer-in-headlights when an unhappy theatre patron complains very loudly because you gave away her tickets to someone on the waiting list when she failed to arrive on time.

4. Go against theatre policy by returning said theatre patron's 4 season tickets to her season ticket pool. This makes the theatre patron happy again, but will assuredly annoy the house manager.

5. Set the alarm off while leaving the theatre.

6. Do all this in one Sunday matinee.

No, I didn't get fired. Yet. But I should be! There I am trying to balance the ticket stubs against the sales in Wintix (the computerized ticket program the theatre uses), only to find that the reason it isn't balancing is because I am a moron!

I realize to err is human, etc., but this was a ridiculous amount of "do'h!" for one four hour block of time.

On the plus side, I passed by the theatre on my way to my full-time job this morning, and it was still standing. So I guess I feel good about that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

You're not a moron!! And if the computer didn't keep going down all the time, half or more of the mistakes you made would have been caught by the computer. Chill. Relax. Be at peace.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Awwwwww, you're not a moron. Life can just suck sometimes. When it does just bite it back! :-D

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home