Izzybella!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Women of Juarez

So, a couple of days ago my friend V, who has her own theatre company emailed me and told me she was planning a show on the women of Juarez. A bunch of actors, writers, artists, photographers, etc. are heading to Juarez in a few weeks to interview families of the victims. Aferwards the participants will write/create the show. All proceeds will be split between Casa Amiga in Juarez and a local women's shelter here in North Texas.

I am really excited about this production. I'm going to head out with everyone to Juarez in September and plan on participating 100% until the show goes up in late July 2007. Aside from how much I enjoy working with V and crew, I think this is a great cause. Juarez was the beneficiary the year I did "The Vagina Monologues" (in case you were wondering, my vagina is a shell...). That's when I first heard about the Juarez murders and I have to say, I was appalled.

One of things I admire about V, and have learned from her, is do something about it. Nice to be a part of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home