Izzybella!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Sound of ...?

It's a curious sound. Not at all irritating and heart-thumping, like a 16 year-old blasting his car stero as he drives by. (By the by, what makes 16 year-old boys think we have the same taste in music? Is it the "if it's too loud, you're too old" thing? I clearly am officially too old.) It also does not resemble the dulcet tones of my supervisor, sitting immediately to my right, discussing the ins and outs of certification policy ALL DAY LONG. (I actually really like my supervisor, so it's not that big of a deal, but still--supervisors are much better, by and large, when they aren't peering over your shoulder all day.) The sound--it lacks--what is it? It lacks...sound.

And there you have it. Other than the click-clack of my keyboard, I appear to have been awarded blessed silence today. It's an unusual phenomena. I like.

And now, rereading the above, I have to laugh. A friend sent me a link for a "Which Buffy Character Are You" quiz (results in the post below), and I was really disappointed that I'd scored Rupert. I was hoping for Buffy or Willow, strong female characters I particularly admire. As it turns out, I'm more like the librarian than I realized. That's not so bad. For starters, Tony Head, who plays Rupert, is really, really pretty. S'okay to have things in common with someone that pretty. Plus, hey, Ripper kicks lots of ass.

Anyway, I'm glad for the quiet--all the better since I have lots of work, piles actually, just sitting around waiting to be done! Guess I should do this thing, this job, they pay me for...

2 Comments:

Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

I named my dog after Willow, now I have to take the test too.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

Oh no! It is blocked from work, but I am thinking I am probably Spike.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home