Izzybella!

Monday, November 13, 2006

NaNo NoMo

I'd signed up with NaNo to write a novel in the month of November. I did pretty well the first week--got up to 5K words by Saturday the 4th. And then...

I got sick. Frackin' upper respiratory infection.

I spent the better part of last week huddled under blankets in bed hacking and coughing like a little old woman nursing a 60-year, three pack-a-day habit. Went to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon. He prescribed a Z-pak (antibiotics) and this horse-sized pill that caused much pain every time I took it.

Aside from the cough that will not go away, I'm feeling better now, which is good, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to catch up enough to fulfill NaNo. On the other hand, I did get 5K words in and I have a nice start on something I think is pretty good. Silly. But good fun. So I'll work on it as much as possible and see what happens.

Have lots of work to catch up on, so I'm outta here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better!
Good luck w/the story - who knows? :-)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Izzybella said...

Thanks, Sam. I'm actually pretty excited about my story. It's one Faith and I have been working on for a little while now. She's involved in her own stuff right now (she signed up for nano too), so I've been working on it by myself.

I'm having a lot of fun with one character in particular. He's a vile little soul, but funny. I shouldn't like him so much, but I do.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home