Izzybella!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

I got tagged by Spin Doc, so here we go--

1. I'm an obsessive Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. I know it's a stupid name, but it's an awesome show, and the title is part of the allure. I think Joss Whedon is a brilliant story-teller. I use two episodes to hook people-season 4 (Hush) and season 6 (Once More With Feeling). Only one person has failed to be swayed, but she doesn't particularly like that genre to begin with.

2. Speaking of Once More With Feeling, I'm a musical theatre buff and would much rather listen to musical soundtracks than most anything else. I like other types of music and I have an eclectic selection of CDs, but if I have to choose, it's gonna be a musical sound-track.

3. Like Spin-Doc, I'm kind of a kid about my birthday. However, I play it the opposite direction--too cool to bring it up. Which makes me very unreasonable when I become petulant when no one remembers...

4. I'm 35 (as of Dec. 11--ooh, look how I brought that up!) and I still have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I wanted to be a school teacher, but that idea has lost appeal over the last few years. I'm almost 85% sure I want to go ahead and complete a MSW, which will enable me to move ahead in my current position. What can I say? I like my job.

5. I don't think it's all that weird, but everyone else is very surprised that I don't like strawberries, or for that matter, most berry-type of fruit. I don't know why. I just don't.

6. I am an actor, and a decent one even (I get parts anyway, have won acting awards/scholarships, and was recently invited to join a permenant ensemble for a local theatre), but I'm incredibly shy in person and freeze up in large groups. I can handle one on one and groups of 3 or 4, but any larger than that and I just freeze. I have no idea what to say or do and I usually wind up looking like the socially inept person that I am. My friends think this is strange, especially because I am extremely uninhibited on stage.

That's about all I can think of. I tag Faith!

2 Comments:

Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

I am with you on the whole Buffy thing too, however the show lost its appeal to me when they brought in the younger sister.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Izzybella said...

Yeah, I found Dawn "Get Out, Get OUt, Get OUT" incredibly annoying at first. I spent the better part of seasons five and six yelling "Shut up, Dawn!" at my television, but she grew on me by season seven.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home